7 Days / 7 Nights
Night 1: Punta Arenas
Arrival to Punta Arenas. Evening meeting at the hotel and welcome dinner.
Day 1 Punta Arenas – Barbara Channel
Departing from your Hotels at 8 am, we’ll drive out to Punta Carrera (area of Fort Bulnes), from where we’ll board and weigh anchor at 9 pm. Setting off on our adventure, we’ll sail across the Straits of Magellan towards Isla Carlos III in the Francisco Coloane Marine Park (260 sq miles).
Day 2 Helado Glacier – Rupert Islet –Carlos III Island
In the early morning we’ll navigate through Barbara channels towards the Helado Glacier. We began the navigation to Carlos III Island, enjoying whales watching on route. By Rupert Islet surroundings’ we can see sea wolfs, penguins, skuas, petrels and albatrosses.
During the night we sail through the Magellan Strait towards the De Agostini Sound.
Day 3 Carlos III – De Agostini Sound –Anguila Glacier
In the night, we enter the Magdalena Channel and the Kyats Fjord, travelling towards the De Agostini Sound, dawning in the Aguila Glacier.In the morning we’ll visit Aguila Glacier and those who wants can do kayaking in Bahía Angelito. On midday we departure on direction of the Serrano glacier, where we spent the night.
Day 4 Serrano Glacier – Gabriel Channel – Almirantazgo Sound
In the morning we’ll visit Vergara Glacier. On midday we departure on direction of the Gabriel Channell, a narrow crossing of extraordinary beauty that leads us into Almirantazgo Sound. From here we’ll continue our journey towards Azopardo Bay to visit a colony of black-browed albatrosses. We’ll then set anchor at Parry Fjord.
Day 5 Caleta María – Jackson Bay – Parry Fjord
Visit a colony of sea elephants in Jackson Bay and a colony of albatrosses by the afternoon. We’ll then set anchor at Parry Fjord to admire an amazing glacier, surrounded by the highest snowy peaks of the Darwin range.
Day 6 Parry Fjord – Tucker Islet and Filton Bay
We’ll visit Tuckers Isle, where we’ll observe a wide variety of birdlife, including the Magellan Penguin, cormorants, skuas and others. After that we’ll head towards Fitton Bay to visit an other wonderful glacier.
Day 7 Filton Bay – Carrera Bay – Punta Arenas
Early morning We´ll navigate through Gabriel Channel towards our final destination. After disembarking we´ll be driven back to Punta Arenas to our hotel, around 18:00 Hrs.
· An exclusive 7-day cruise to wild, remote regions of the Magellan Strait and Tierra del Fuego.
· Sail through Francisco Coloane Marine Park in the Magellan Strait, in search of the Humpback whale.
· Sail the coastline of the stunning Darwin Range, exploring fjords and glaciers.
· An itinerary designed for observation of marine mammals, dolphins, sea elephants, leopard seals and South American fur seals and sea lions, among other species.
· A wide variety of birdlife such as penguins, albatross, petrels, skuas, Antarctic terns, cormorants as well as other sea and land birds.
· Spectacular landscapes and the world’s southernmost forests and their diversity of plantlife.
· Personalised assistance from photography experts.
· Participate in talks on glaciology, the wildlife of the Strait and its history, among others
· Kayak expeditions through floating ice.
· Disembark at the foot of glaciers such as Santa Inés, Aguila, De Agostini, Serrano and Escondido, among others.
- Wellcome dinner
- 1 night in Hotel Plaza, previous at the departure.
- Transfer to and from the embarking place
- Guide on board (Spanish / English )
- Host photographer on board
- 6 nights accomodation on board M/N Forrest
- Full board, wines and open bar
- Travel assistance insurance
Click on image to enlarge